Dan, Brian and Erik look at how the past informs our security future, and how things we have done in the past may not get us where we need to be in the future. Join us for a live podcast recording with live audience Q&A, direct from the MCWT Executive Connection Summit.
In the live recording we covered a flurry of topics focused on changing ourselves, refreshing ourselves and renewing ourselves including:
- The barriers to entry to get into the security field
- Experience vs. education requirements in security hiring
- Changes afoot in hiring appetite as recession looms
- Reporting requirements by public companies on breach or security events
- Security beyond just confidentiality
- Improvements that can be made to the hiring process
- And lots more!
Huge thanks to the wonderful team at the Michigan Council on Women in Technology (https://mcwt.org) for asking us to be part of this great event bringing the Michigan technology community together to build connections.
We also have a video channel on YouTube that airs the "with pictures" edition of the podcast. Please head over to https://bit.ly/gsdyoutube and watch, subscribe and "like" the episodes.
Some of the links in the show notes contain affiliate links that may earn a commission should you chose to make a purchase using these links. Using these links supports The Great Security Debate, so we appreciate it when you do use them. We do not make our recommendations based on the availability or benefits from these affiliate links.
Thanks for listening!Support The Great Security Debate
- The Infinite Game: Sinek, Simon: 9780735213500: Books - Amazon
- Leaders Eat Last Deluxe: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don't eBook : Sinek, Simon: Kindle Store
- Marcus Stefanide - LinkedIn Post
- Bio-IT World Conference & Expo 2022 In Person & Virtual
- Jess Burn · Forrester
- Apple, Google and Microsoft team up on passwordless logins | TechCrunch
- SEC.gov | SEC Proposes Rule to Provide Transparency in the Securities Lending Market
- Future Crimes: Inside the Digital Underground and the Battle for Our Connected World: Goodman, Marc: 9780804171458: Books
- CISO MindMap 2022 - RecommendationsRafeeq Rehman | Cyber | Automation | Digital