It's the dog days of summer here in the northern hemisphere, and we have some episodes to make the hot, muggy days go by faster (or the drive up to the cabin in the woods to escape it all).
This week Dan, Brian and Erik talk about what it takes to be a Virtual or Fractional CISO. Does someone that calls themselves one need to have had in-house CISO experience to do the job? Or do the fresh perspectives of someone that doesn't come with history benefit the organisation in a different way? Risks, challenges, and talking to Boards of Directors definitely have a strong place in the debate (and we hit on all of them)
We will be back with more episodes through August and then back to our usual bi-weekly pace as we hit the autumn.
We also have a video channel on YouTube that airs the "with pictures" edition of the podcast. Please head over to https://bit.ly/gsdyoutube and watch, subscribe and "like" the episodes.
If you're watching on YouTube, we are very sorry for the video sync issues this week! The sound is great, but one of our hosts does a very poor Milli Vanilli impression. We are writing up the root cause analysis documents and issuing CAPAs to keep it from happening agai
Some of the links in the show notes contain affiliate links that may earn a commission should you chose to make a purchase using these links. Using these links supports The Great Security Debate, so we appreciate it when you do use them. We do not make our recommendations based on the availability or benefits from these affiliate links.
Thanks for listening!Support The Great Security Debate
- Sonny 🇨🇦❄️⚓ on Twitter: "WTF is this ??? #CyberSecurity #InfoSec https://t.co/DLHivTJ9Qw" / Twitter
- This Is How They Tell Me the World Ends: The Cyberweapons Arms Race: Perlroth, Nicole: 9781635576054: Amazon.com: Books
- Sajay Rai — Securely Yours LLCSecurely Yours LLC
- Sajay Rai CPA, CISSP, CISM | LinkedIn
- Amazon - Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win: Willink, Jocko, Babin, Leif: 9781250067050: Books
- CISO MindMap 2022: What do InfoSec Professionals really do?Rafeeq Rehman | Cyber | Automation | Digital